"The deepest spiritual lessons are not learned by His letting us have our way in the end, but by His making us wait, bearing with us in love and patience until we are able honestly to pray what He taught His disciples to pray:

'Thy Will Be Done'."

~Elisabeth Elliot

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Be Still My Soul by Katharina von Schlege

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain,
Leave to your God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: your best, your Heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
Be still, my soul: your God will undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.
Your hope, your confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds shall know
His voice Who ruled them while He dwelt below.

No comments: