"The deepest spiritual lessons are not learned by His letting us have our way in the end, but by His making us wait, bearing with us in love and patience until we are able honestly to pray what He taught His disciples to pray:

'Thy Will Be Done'."

~Elisabeth Elliot

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Who Is Your God?

I wrote this for something else, but figured I would share...

This is my God...He is a God in a league of His own...A God who reigns on His throne in Heaven and rules over everything...He controls all things and can accomplish anything by just speaking the word...And although He could have saved us and rescued us from our tragic eternal destiny by merely demanding it, He chose in His own tender way to interact with us...to humble Himself and become one of us...My God became a man...He sat with sinners and men who scoffed Him. He reached out to the lowest on the social ladder. He met woman at the well and hypocrites in the synagogue. He offered eternal life to thieves, adulterers and murderers...My God is a personal God who offers a personal relationship with Him...He works in indescribable, unexplainable ways and His life and death prove this...He wrote His own story and could have chose any other plot, but He chose to become the Sacrificial Lamb who takes away the sins of the world. My God never fails. He never leaves you. He is the true essence of what love is. He offers new life...and life abundant. He is the origin of Joy, Hope and Peace. He rescued my soul and restored my spirit. He met me in my dark room and turned on the light. He is my Creator, my Savior, My Redeemer...He is my calm in the storm. He is worthy of my service, my gratitude, my praise and my worship. This is my God...the God who became flesh and dwelt among us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!

Keri said...

Powerful, Jaclyn. I love your way of finding just the right way to explain things!