"The deepest spiritual lessons are not learned by His letting us have our way in the end, but by His making us wait, bearing with us in love and patience until we are able honestly to pray what He taught His disciples to pray:

'Thy Will Be Done'."

~Elisabeth Elliot

Sunday, April 26, 2009

thoughts and thank you's



The night before the march, I started thinking about our team t-shirts which feature Zachary's feet as our logo. I started wondering what people would think of his feet. Like, would they feel sad that his feet are so small? Or sad that those feet belong to one of the ones that didn't survive? I actually started to even feel a little sad about those feet...sad that I would never get to see them again before Heaven...sad that they will never get to wear shoes...or play in sand.....or play sports....or be tickled....

But then I realized something that continually brings comfort....Those little feet are scampering around the golden streets of Heaven....and he's even more perfect now than he was when he was with me.....and I will see him again...I wonder what Heaven is like for my little boy....is there a playground? He probably doesn't even have to wear shoes......and he definitely doesn't miss sand or playing sports because his "time" is filled with the most rewarding activities there could possibly be!! Also, imagine my little boy who was limited to a small incubator while alive now occupying his very own MANSION! I wonder what it looks like....My thoughts of him are happy...I'm proud of the life he had and absolutely positive that he got an upgrade on life.

I had so much fun at the March for Babies, and I'm accumulating mental notes for next year...

First off, thanks to so many of my sponsors!!!! I raised $1300!! When I turned in my sponsor form, I got a special little lanyard that said "Top Walker" on it because I raised over a $1,000...honestly, as excited as I was about my lanyard (yes, I actually was REALLY excited about it even though I tried to act cool), I didn't do anything besides letting all of you know about the need and then you filled it!! You guys are awesome and I'm so thankful for you and your support.

To my fellow team members: I hope you had as much fun as I did and that you all got some FREE pulled pork sandwiches from Texas Roadhouse. Tara and I went to every tent and tried to pick up as much free stuff as possible :) I'm also jealous to hear that Nuno took them up on the offer for the free massage. Ah, I pretty much love free stuff even if it's junk...it still made it's way in my bag :) Anyways, throughout the day, I felt very appreciative of you. You will probably not even understand how much it meant to me that you were all there. I know many of you were walking in support of us and in memory of Zachary. It was a true honor to have you all there.

That's it for now....I'm gonna get back to daydreaming about chillin' in my son's mansion someday!!

Thanks again for everything!!

3 comments:

Paisleyand Polka Dot Patterns said...

I was thinking about you and praying all day! I'm so glad it went well! I love the tee shirts, they are beautiful! Now I have to look at the pictures!

Trevor's Mama said...

I love this post! The slideshow came out amazing, and I love the way you talk about your Angel in Heaven :-) Brings me peace. Sorry I had to leave so early on Sunday...but I do hope the rest of the day was a blessing to you! Thank you SO MUCH for making me the pin for Trevor. I hope you know how much that meant to me! I will see you tomorrow night! :-)

Luv2Praise said...

Jacquelyn,

What a beautiful post. I am so glad that you were able to raise such a large amount of money. I think of you, Nate and Zachary often lately. I have a friend who just had a baby girl with Edwards Syndrome. They are struggling with the thoughts of not being able to take Sophia Grace home. I have told them Zachary's story because I truly think you are an inspiration for what God can do with a life so small and a faith so big!! Zachary will never be forgotten. Not by any of us who loved him and loved hearing about him every day of his life. God Bless you and your devotion to Christ and the March of Dimes.

Lori Tremblay