"The deepest spiritual lessons are not learned by His letting us have our way in the end, but by His making us wait, bearing with us in love and patience until we are able honestly to pray what He taught His disciples to pray:

'Thy Will Be Done'."

~Elisabeth Elliot

Saturday, April 18, 2009

add these to the list

I'm thinking it may be a little early to add this to the list of my favorite things, but I'm pretty much loving it!! What is it you ask? Sewing!!! I had my first lesson today. Who knew I would enjoy it so much?!?! I started a straight skirt and finished half of it thanks to the help of my wonderful sewing mentor!! It should be completed next weekend! Maybe I will move on to a dress...I found about 7 beautiful patterns for dresses on voguepatterns.com....pretty excited about this!

I also took up guitar lessons...I've only had two but I'm liking it! Can't wait til I can REALLY play it!!

So, adding these things makes me feel like I'm reinventing myself a little...I love learning new things...especially creative things!! Somehow, it makes me feel alive!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Props to you for sewing! I tried once when I was in high school for a class and it didnt go "sew" well... maybe I'll try again someday. You will be my inspiration!:) Let me know how it goes, or better yet, post pics of your final product!