"The deepest spiritual lessons are not learned by His letting us have our way in the end, but by His making us wait, bearing with us in love and patience until we are able honestly to pray what He taught His disciples to pray:

'Thy Will Be Done'."

~Elisabeth Elliot

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

marching for my baby

I'm totally LOVING all things March of Dimes right now! It feels so good to do this in memory of Zachary! So far, I've personally raised $585 for our team!! Our team T-shirts were designed and ordered this week...I can't wait to see them!! Props to my brother who patiently listens to my computer illiterate rantings...it pays to have a graphic designer for a brother :) I will be posting pictures of the walkathon so you will be able to see them...they even feature the footprints of the one and only Zachary Kyle Wasson!! Those little feet were perfect!

I'm overwhelmed with the response of my friends! I think there are currently 31 members of team "No Life Too Small"; and our team fundraising total equals $1,015 so far! I'm proud of our team!

I also finished up a little flyer about the walk and attached it to a "short" version of our story...maybe I will share it next week as the march approaches.

I urge you to get involved in the March of Dimes whether by donating or finding a local march where you live...it is well worth the effort!

1 comment:

Trevor's Mama said...

I am SO EXCITED about the March! Annnnddd I can't believe you drew that!! It's awesome, I really like it! :-)